31 Jan 2013
Netherlands | Spoffin Residency | open call to young theatre artists
Spoffin Residency is a project supporting young theatre artists who are in the process of finishing a new project created for public space (streets, squares, parks, etc.) or a specific site.
The residency takes place in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, during the month of August in the period of Spoffin Festival and consists of:
- free use of Laswerkplaats, a fully equipped theatre studio (length 21 m, width 14 m, height 5 m), surrounded by lots of outdoor space during the whole month of August (in close cooperation with Stichting Laswerk);
- free use of a guesthouse (living room, kitchen with fridge and washing machine, bathroom and 3 bedrooms with 2 single beds each) during the whole month of August (in close cooperation with Stichting Kunst in Amersfoort);
- assistance from the festival in finding the right site or venue;
- publicity support;
- possibility to showcase a short excerpt of the performance (4-8 minutes) during Spoffin Amuses, the official opening event of the festival (August 22);
- at least two performances during the Spoffin festival (August 23-25), including the premiere;
- 100% of the income ‘from the hat’;
- all lunches and dinners during the festival;
- possibility for a short presentation for our professional guests during the Spoffin PRO meeting (August 24-25);
- help of a few volunteers during the performances, depending on your needs.
What you need to know
It is important to understand that the artists have to work very indepently. Spoffin cannot offer full production facilities. Spoffin will not able to support you with travel costs or any fees. Of course we will support you with an official invitation, which may help you to get additional funding for the project.
The deadline for applying is January 31, 2013.
Image: Photo: 2012 © Wim Lanser In 2012, Linn Brodén (Sweden) and Tom Richmond (Great-Britain) used their residency to complete their new production Push Me, Pull You, which premiered during Spoffin and was performed four times with great success.
02 Jan 2019
04 Aug 2014
07 Aug 2012
13 Aug 2012
28 Mar 2019