Netherlands | Media Architecture Biennale MAB 2020 - call for workshop proposals
The next Media Architecture Biennale will be held in Amsterdam and Utrecht, 23-27 November 2020. The theme for the Media Architecture Biennale 2020 is Futures Implied. Call for workshop proposals in academic research, art, and industry themes.
Call for Workshop Proposals
We are looking for people who are excited about the role of media and technology in the urban environment and want to share this excitement with an interdisciplinary audience.
The Media Architecture Biennale is a biennial event, featuring workshops, a conference, and an exhibition that attracts interaction designers, lighting designers, architects, artists, researchers, and industry practitioners.
The workshops at the Media Architecture Biennale are an interactive, dynamic forum leading up to the conference and exhibition, that offer an opportunity for exchanging ideas, forming communities, sharing knowledge, inspirations, getting in touch, prototyping, and networking.
The workshops are planned to take place on Tuesday November 24.
- Deadline for submission: 18 January 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 01 March 2020
- Workshops date: 24 November 2020
MAB Theme: Futures Implied
The theme for the Media Architecture Biennale 2020 is Futures Implied. The following themes are of specific interest:
- The Aesthetics and Poetics of Responsive Urban Spaces: Media architecture that contributes to a sense of place, deepening citizens’ understanding of and attachments to local sites, and making them more legible, imaginative and inclusive.
- Citizens’ Digital Rights in the Era of Platform Ecologies: Media architecture that articulates public values and allows citizens to govern through digital platforms, rather than be governed by them.
- Playful & Artistic Civic Engagement: Media architecture that enacts people-centric interventions through which citizens themselves learn, negotiate and create innovations through play and games.
- Restorative Cities: Media architecture that enables societies to regenerate socially, ecologically, physiologically on multiple levels, from the individual to the city as an entity of systems.
- More-Than-Human Cities: Media architecture that embraces the well-being of the natural ecosystem as a whole.
A second call is open - Call for Proposals Amsterdam Light Festival
The Media Architecture Biennale is partnering with the Amsterdam Light Festival that will open its annual open-air exhibition during the biennale. The Light Festival is currently looking for concepts to develop for its 2020 edition.
Call closes January 20th 2020
Take a look at the MAB2020 Calls - also open for papers (DL: 5 April 2020) and other participation formats with different deadlines.