09 Dec 2011
Making Culture Count Conference | Call for papers
The conference committee is now inviting the submission of abstracts for presentations at the conference, on diverse aspects of cultural measurement. The organisers are particularly interested in receiving proposals that address:
- Critical accounts of forms of cultural measurement, including cultural indicators
- The emergence of new cultural measures, such as categories of cultural well-being or cultural citizenship
- Cross-cultural measurement, the relationship between mechanisms and categories of measurement and cultural difference
- Community-driven cultural indicators, including attempts to democratise the processes of cultural measurement
- The use of arts-based processes in the measurement of culture
- The implications of new technologies, digital research methods and information visualisation for the measurement of culture
Proposals invited: A wide range of presentations including theoretical papers, case studies and the use of creative media are invited. Proposals for panels or participatory workshops will also be considered. Please submit a 300-word abstract plus 100-word bio.
Closing date: Friday 9 December 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of advice to presenters: Papers will be reviewed by the conference committee and authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission by December 19, 2011.
Post conference publication: Following the event, selected presenters will be invited to submit a chapter based on their paper for a publication on the theme of the conference.
For more information: www.culturaldevelopment.net.au
Kim Dunphy, Cultural Development Network email@example.com
05 Oct 2017
21 Sep 2010