14 May 2010
Korean Asian Arts Theatre call for projects
Project Development Initiative - Asian Arts Theatre, Gwangju, Korea
The Hub City of Asian Culture launches a Project Development Initiative to develop programming for the new Asian Arts Theatre and to build a collaborative relationship with a wide range of national and international artists.
The Asian Arts Theatre will be a main facility of the Asian Culture Complex (ACC), scheduled to complete in 2014 in Gwangju, Korea.
ACC seeks to contribute to the transformative environment by gaining exposure to new ideas and exploring various artistic and cultural tendencies. Through ruminating cultural values and discovering collaborative work of progressive artists, its aim is to stimulate the significance and development of contemporary performing arts with a special emphasis on Asian culture to achieve aesthetic excellence.
Asian Arts Theatre is open to proposals from ideas to all phases of a project which are contemporary performing art-based works that reflect or embody Asian values, cultures and issues. The selected outstanding projects will be given an award to develop their work. Also, these projects have possibility of commission to complete their work and premiere at the Asian Arts Theatre.
- Artists, producers and presenters working in Asia
- International collaborative projects led by Asian Artist
- For non-Asian based projects: works with Asian subjects or collaborating with Asian Artists will be eligible
- Eligible projects must not have premiered anywhere in the world
- Works should be performing art-based and can be collaborations with various art forms
- Three projects will be selected and each will be given an award of KRW 20,000,000 (approx. USD 17,000 Gross) to develop their work.
See website for application guidelines and registration form
- Online registration period: May 3 10:00 – May 7 18:00, 2010
- Deadline for the submission documents: May 14 18:00, 2010 by arrival date
- Announcement: June 21, 2010
28 Mar 2011
19 May 2008
13 Jul 2015