Duration of the program: 70 days between January 7th and March 17th 2014
- Travel expenses
- Living allowance
- Travel insurance
- Rental accommodation (including workspace)
- Location: Tokyo
- Expert assistance
- Opportunity to present finished work
- Opportunities to interact with Japanese creators
- Education/training: participants will give reports on the progress of their work being created as part of the program and will receive guidance from accomplished Japanese animators/experts on a regular basis.
- Visits/exchange events: participants will visit animation studios and participate in exchange events with artists and students enrolled in art programs at educational institutions.
- Creation of a new work: participants will begin a new work while in Japan and present the finished work or one part of a work in progress at the end of their stay.
Conditions of participation
- Reside outside of Japan and be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Have had one of their animated works screened at an international film festival, exhibition or similar event.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 on September 9th 2013.
- Be able to speak either English or Japanese at least well enough to communicate in everyday situations.
- Be in good health.
- Have access to the equipment necessary to participate in a remote interview (i.e. a computer capable of connecting to the internet and using Skype).
Deadline: Application forms and all required documents/materials must be received by September 9th.
Read the report on the 2012 Animation residence programme
Image: Visit to I. TOON Animation Studio (2012 programme)