Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur Grants 2023
The Japan Foundation Kuala Lumpur (JFKL) is calling for applications from organisations for their grant programme, for activities that deepen understanding of Japan, its language and culture, as well for projects that encourage multilateral cultural exchange between Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam and Japan.
A stream of their grant programme is for Projects Concerning Japan in the Field of Japanese Arts and Cultural Exchange. This is for projects which introduce, promote, deepen and enhance understanding of Japan and Japanese culture through cultural events such as performance, art exhibition and film screenings.
Grant amount: Up to 15,000 MYR
Eligibility includes the following:
- Applicants must be based in Malaysia, Singapore or Brunei Darussalam
- The applicant must be an organisation that has registered status in the eligible countries
- The grant will only cover partial costs of the project
The grant can cover the following items:
- Honorarium/artist fee for artists and lecturers (including interpreter and translator)
- Per diem allowances
- Major transportation costs
- Freight costs
- Rental fees
- Publicity or public relations expenses
- Fees for visa and permit application
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and must be made 1 to 3 months prior to the event (depending on if it is an online or a physical event).
Deadline: 31 March 2024