01 Feb 2016
International Institute for Asian Studies | research fellowship call
The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) in Leiden, Netherlands invites outstanding researchers from around the world to apply for a fellowship to work on an important piece of Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged.
We also welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their PhD thesis into book publication.
The deadline for applications is 1 February 2016.
IIAS is particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three IIAS clusters 'Asian Cities', 'Asian Heritages' and 'Global Asia'. However some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed. Applications that link to more than one field are also welcome.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the PhD. If you are still PhD candidate at the time of application, you may also apply, provided that you graduate within 5 months after the application deadline (i.e. before 1 July). A letter from your university will be required to confirm your graduation before this date.
- If you are applying for a grant from IIAS to cover your research period in the Netherlands, the fellowship will be tenable for a maximum period of 10 months.
- Support for research (office facilities, library access, networks, etc.) will be provided.
- Affiliated fellows are expected to participate in IIAS events, including the fellow seminars, monthly lunch lectures, and drinks.
If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:
- A monthly grant of €2000;
- Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries;
- A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
07 Aug 2015