Germany | Artist-in-Science-Residence 2023
Kultur einer Digitalstadt (KeD) is calling for applications from artists of all disciplines for their Artist-in-Science-Residencies on the Rosenhöhe in Darmstadt, Germany. A total of three 6-week fellowships will be held between May and October 2023 and artists from any nationality can apply.
The studio residency at the Rosenhöhe in Darmstadt is linked to cooperation with one of the three cooperating research institutions:
- Hessian Centre for Artificial Intelligence (hessian.AI)
- GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research
- European Space Operations Centre (ESOC)
The aims of the programme are: To provide artists with access to institutions, to promote sustainable exchange between science and art, to further develop independent artistic research, and to present and publish the projects carried out during the AiSR.
The physical centre of KeD is the Atelierhaus Ludwig-Engel-Weg 1, located in a park and close to the Welterbe Kultur Mathildenhöhe, a major pioneer of modernism.
What does the Artist-in-Science-Residence offer?
- A 5-week stay in the studio house
- Access to the cooperating institute
- A scholarship totalling 3,000 EUR
- Reimbursement of travel (max. 1,000 EUR)
- An exhibition space in which to present
- Publication and communication
Who can apply?
The six-week Artist-in-Science-Residence is open to artists of all disciplines. Language skills in German and/or English and/or French are required. The application of artist duos is possible, although an increase of the grant amount is not possible.
Deadline: 23 February 2023
Image: Abb. GSI: © T. Ernsting/HA Hessen Agentur
Powered by Froala Editor