27 Jun 2011
frieze Writer's Prize 2011
This year, the prize will be judged by novelist Hari Kunzru, art historian Katy Siegel, and senior editor of frieze magazine Dan Fox.
• Entrants must submit one unpublished review of a recent contemporary art exhibition, approximately 700 words in length.
• Entries must be submitted in English, but may be a translation (this must be acknowledged).
• Entrants must be over 18 years old.
• To qualify, entrants may only previously have had a maximum of three pieces of writing on art published in any national or regional newspaper or magazine. Previous online publication is permitted.
• Entries should be emailed as a Word attachment to email@example.com. Please do not send images.
• Closing date is 27 June 2011.
• The winner will be announced in the September issue of frieze published 18 August.
• The winning entrant will be commissioned to write a review for the October issue of frieze and will be awarded £2000.
• Novelist Hari Kunzru
• Art historian Katy Siegel
• Senior editor of frieze magazine Dan Fox.
This opportunity came via Artservis (Thanks!)