France | 2024–25 Sound Art Residency at musée du quai Branly
The musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac is calling for applications from artists from one of the 4 continents represented in the collections (including Asia and Oceania) for the Sound Art Residency.
As part of the Sound Art Residency, the museum will finance a work of sound art that may enter its permanent collection. The jury will give precedence to pieces conceived in connection with the museum’s collections, interests and theme.
For the Sound Art Residencies, the musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac is collaborating with Le Fresnoy – Studio National des Arts Contemporains who will host the artist for two work sessions and provide technical support for its production and post-production.
- The winning project will be chosen in the spring of 2024 by a jury from the world of sound and audio-visual creation.
- June and July 2024: Research and creation at the museum in Paris and Le Fresnoy in Tourcoing (3 weeks maximum in total)
- August 2024 – February 2025: Creation, production, securing rights, etc.
- 24 February – 5 March 2025: Post-production at Le Fresnoy (5–7 days in total)
- 6–14 March 2025: technical set-up and installation of the work
- Mid-March 2025: End of the residency and public presentation of the piece
What is provided
The museum will pay the winning artist an endowment of 8,000 EUR and will also finance the production of the sound work. This sum covers the artist’s work as well as purchase by the museum for entry into the museum’s collection and delivery of the finished artwork (digital file or any other format).
The museum will also finance housing, travel, production costs and potential use of sound sources that are not in the public domain.
Deadline: 18 February 2024
Pictures: © Julien Brachhammer