European Media Artists in residence 2018
The new EMARE European Media Art Platform offers residencies for Media Artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
Artists with European residence or a European passport can apply for a two-months residency within the period April and August 2018 (exact timing has to be negotiated with the host) at one of the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica Center, Linz, Austria
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
- Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool, United Kingdom
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
- LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Guijón, Spain
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
- Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia
- WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, Wroclaw, Poland
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
Students are not eligible, but young artists are encouraged to apply. However, there is no age limit!
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members' festivals in 2018-2021. All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference 23rd to 25th of March in Helsinki. Please save the date!
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Artists with residence in, or an identity card originating within, Europe can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu / call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: January 20th 2018, 12:00 CET (after this time the call will be closed)