Denmark | Aarhus Sculpture by the Sea 2013 | open call
Artists are invited to submit entries for the 3rd Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark exhibition to be staged along the beautiful coastal setting of Aarhus Bay from 1 - 30 June, 2013.
An estimated 600,000 visitors had a unique art experience when attending the second Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark in June 2011.
Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark has become the largest international outdoor exhibition in Denmark and welcomes a broad variety of sculptures, that originate from all over the world. The aim is to offer great art experiences free to the public. Outside the boundaries often found in the art museums, Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark presents contemporary installations and international artistic visions.
Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark welcomes all artists to submit entries for the 3rd biannual Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark exhibition to be staged from 1 - 30 June, 2013. Application submission close 3pm Monday 27 August 2012, and an international Curatorial Panel will then select approximately 60 sculptures to be exhibited.
- The Sculpture by the Sea, Aarhus Prize of 50,000 DKK (EUR 6,700)
- The Public Choice Prize of 25,000 DKK (EUR 3,300)
- The Children’s Choice Prize of 25,000 DKK (EUR 3,300)
- Subsidies and assistance to all artists concerning freight, installation and de-installation
- An estimated 600,000 visitors in 4 weeks
- Strong sculpture sales at the previous Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus – Denmark exhibitions in 2009 and 2011
- 60 sculptures by artists from all over the world
See website for application form and guidelines
Image: Kent Karlsson, Spectacle Agnostico. Sculpture by the Sea Aarhus - Denmark 2011. Photo: Anders Hede.
See also the opportunity for Sculpture by the Sea Cottesloe, Australia (deadline: 27 July 2012)