Call for articles: latest trends in the museum sector in Asia and Europe
culture360.ASEF.org is currently looking for writers to produce features and interviews for our Magazine on the latest museum trends in Asia and Europe
What articles are we looking for?
We are interested in knowing what are the latest trends in the museum sector in Asia and Europe especially as a result of the global pandemic. We are particularly interested in commissioning case-study based articles that identify new trends in the following areas:
- Good practices in museums & sustainability
- New approaches in museums & restitution
- Re-thinking museum spaces beyond exhibition spaces
- Role of museums in their local communities
- International cooperation trends in Asia and Europe
- New tech trends such as Virtual Reality, Immersive Exhibition and Artificial Intelligence and how they have enhanced visitors' experiences.
Who can apply?
- Writers must be a national of an ASEM member country
- Previous experience in writing articles is necessary
- Knowledge or involvement in the Asian and European arts scene is an advantage
- The writer will work in virtual capacity and need not be based in Singapore
How to apply?
Please send the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Writing samples (maximum 2)
- A brief outline of the article(s) you intend to contribute (maximum 2)
Note: Each commissioned article will be paid a fee of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 250.
Submit to Valentina RICCARDI, Associate Director, Culture Department, ASEF at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 15 October 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
culture360.ASEF.org is an online platform offering up-to-date information on arts, culture & heritage from 51 countries in Asia & Europe. It is a website for artists, cultural professionals, policy makers and anyone interested in international cultural co-operation.
 The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an intergovernmental process established in 1996 to foster dialogue and cooperation between Asia and Europe. The 53 ASEM Partners are Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, the Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, the Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Viet Nam, the European Union and the ASEAN Secretariat. For more information, please visit www.ASEMinfoboard.org.