Become an IETM Global Connector for 2021-22
The 2021-2022 IETM Global Connect call for applications is now open. IETM Global Connect is open to performing arts professionals from across the globe, offering connections, inspiration and peer-to-peer learning.
Please read carefully the details of the programme below before applying.
What are the aims of IETM Global Connect?
IETM Global Connect is one of IETM’s initiatives to make the network more diverse, inclusive and accessible.
The aims of Global Connect are to enable performing arts professionals from across the globe to:
- Expand their international network and find new collaborators and partners from all horizons;
- Find new inspirations in their professional lives which they can share with their communities;
- Develop new skills and knowledge through peer-to-peer learning;
- Actively contribute to IETM’s activities and development and bring fresh perspectives to its members and the global performing arts sector in a long-term perspective.
What does IETM Global Connect offer?
As part of the programme, selected IETM Global Connectors benefit from:
- IETM Membership: IETM Global Connectors receive the IETM membership for 2021 and 2022, and access to all members’ benefits, including full access to the IETM internal digital platform and members newsletters, opportunities to use the upcoming IETM partners search tool and to share their own news via IETM's communication channels.
- Access to IETM Events: As included in their 2021-2022 IETM membership, Global Connectors get free access to IETM events in 2021 and 2022. This means, free entrance to all seminars, workshops, talks hosted by the network and opportunities to engage with the large and diverse IETM membership representing all sections of the performing arts – from national institutions to independent artists.
- IETM Global Connectors Gathering: Once a year, on the occasion of a large IETM event, Global Connectors come together for a full day of peer-to-peer networking, presentations and knowledge exchange with IETM members and Associate Members.
- Travel Bursary: All selected Global Connectors will receive a travel bursary to attend one IETM event. Access to the One Day Global Connectors Gathering will be free of charge, and meals will be provided.
Important note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the first year programme will start in October 2021 with an online event. A travel bursary will be provided to take part in a physical IETM event in 2022.
Who can apply for the IETM Global Connect Programme?
IETM Global Connect is open to performing arts professionals worldwide (producers, artists, managers, presenters, etc) working in an organisation or as freelance / self-employed.
Selection criteria are that applicants:
- Are currently working in the contemporary performing arts anywhere in the world;
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field;
- Have demonstrated a commitment to increase global awareness, inclusion, accessibility and connectivity for the benefit of their communities;
- Are able to communicate well in English (or through sign language interpretation if required).
Deadline for applications: 31 May at 17:00 CEST