Barcelona | ADD+ART 2021 - call for proposals
ADD+ART 2O21 is an international congress to be held online/in Barcelona 8-9 July 2021 on ART · DECODIFICATION · DESOCIALISATION · ACTIVATION · TERRITORY - ART AND SOCIAL SPACES IN CONTROLLED, UNCONTROLED AND ISOLATED TIMES
ADD + ART aims to be a meeting point for the sharing of projects of artistic research that deal with these issues, and whose future has been profoundly altered by the current context. The congress therefore proposes three themes that aim to place in dialogue research and experiences prior to the current context (before 2020), investigations and endeavours deployed during the context of the pandemic which offer new strategies adapted to the current emergency (2020) and research and experiences that shape or visualise possible futures.
Thematic strands interconnecting artistic research with future scenarios
- ART - TERRITORY. Temporary and dynamic residences of contextualised and localised production. The interaction, definition or creation of new terms regarding the future of the relationship between artistic creation and public spaces.
- SPACES - DEVICES. Other “structures of location” to display, exhibit, contextualise, or socialise. The creation of new virtual, mixed or face-to-face environments.
- DECODING - ACTIVATION. Investigating new languages, art and performativity, new objectivity, expanded interpretations, productions for alternative audiences.
We encourage the submission of original and unpublished contributions that take on the challenge of giving life to this online space. The selected contributions will be published on the web, and compiled into a publication which will be accessible online. Participation in the congress will take place in real time, by means of videoconference.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Virtual Communication: The accepted format is a video file that must be uploaded to a broadcasting platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Maximum running time of 15 minutes.
- Video creation: The accepted format is a video that must be uploaded to a broadcasting platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Maximum running time of 10 minutes.
- Photo essay: PDF file, using an experimental combination of photographic images and text. Maximum length 16 pages in A4 format.
- Graphic proposal: PDF file combining graphic images and text realised in any format and which may also include text. It can be a single page or a selection of pages, up to a maximum of 16
DEADLINE for submissions: 15 March 2021
Registration for the congress will open in May 2021
Amidst the global context of the pandemic, the congress ADD + ART aims to debate and share projects and research on mechanisms of production, strategies for formalising processes and the configuration of new spaces. The congress aims to lend form to artistic practices and their interaction within the social sphere.
Artistic practices that generate social spaces are in a perfect position to be reviewed and reconsidered, bearing in mind the paradigm shift defined by the pandemic and the post-pandemic context. A situation characterised by the consequences derived from tensions such as: physical isolation and permanent virtual connection, the danger of contagion and the desire for immunity, control over the body and the lack of control of forms of social interaction, the politics of restraint and depressed economies, healing spaces and the disinfection of spaces, fictionalised reality and the fiction that occurred. This panorama that has appeared as if overnight, defines a new configuration of everything, and has a direct impact within the field of artistic creation, on the habitual structures for combining research, production, concretisation and the visibility of processes and projects. This scenario, at the same time, may be understood as one step further within a chain of processes that, accelerated by the constant need for growth, react by putting various ecosystems under stress.