20 Oct 2015 - 23 Oct 2015
- Walking towards new public spaces
- Walking towards resilient cities
- Walking towards safety and health
- Walking together
- Sideways: Sideways is an open festival format for contemporary art and spatial practices. The backbone of the festival is an expedition on foot, spanning several weeks and creating a collaborative meeting ground where artists and audiences can explore issues regarding space, time & movement. After an acclaimed edition in Belgium in 2012, Sideways is at the lookout for fertile ground for a next journey.
- The «Agency for Walking Culture» in Zurich, Switzerland, focuses on artistic projects in the field of walking. The aim is to explore an embodied active learning of urban space. For that the Agency invites people to participate in «conceptual walks».
- Finding Ghosts: Walking backwards into the future is a collaborative multi site project, using augmented reality to create a layered narrative of site across time. The project has so far been presented in Dunedin, Auckland, Copenhagen and has also intervened into another walking project "Long Time No See?".
- The Walking Institute, a peripatetic school for the human pace is based in Huntly, Scotland - it explores, researches and celebrates the human pace. Working with artists from across the globe, it brings walking activities together with arts and other disciplines as well as people from all walks of life.
15 Apr 2015
13 May 2020
21 Jun 2016