01 Aug 2015 - 31 Aug 2015
George Town Festival 2015
- 100% Penang In 100% Penang, Berlin-based theatre troupe Rimini Protokoll will bring Penang’s city demographics to life in a uniquely interactive performance featuring 100 local inhabitants, chosen according to their age, gender, household type, geography and ethnicity to represent 1% of the population.
- Titanium The dancers of Spain’s Titanium explore the intersection between flamenco, hip hop and break dance – forms of artistic expression centred on improvisation and continual creation – and fuse them together to create a highly energized, innovative and passionate performance which transcends cultural boundaries.
- AM I Award-winning Australian collaboration AM I seeks to answer the most important question of human existence: Who am I? Performers explore the concept of ‘I’ through explosive choreography, beating drums, spoken word and more in a thrillingly unique and inspiring theatrical display.
- Mouse Daughter’s Marriage Vietnam National Theatre Company’s rendition of The Mouse Daughter’s Marriage tells the lighthearted story of a mouse’s daughter who must choose between three eligible bachelor mice all wishing for her hand in marriage. When the daughter chooses to marry a cat instead, she faces unexpected consequences.
- Nightingale: Adapted from Hans Christian Andersen China’s Nanning Peoples’ Arts House will perform Hans Christian Andersen’s timeless story of the Nightingale, whose beautiful voice enchants the Emperor of China and drives him to keep the bird locked in a cage so that he can always hear its song.
02 May 2011
18 Dec 2013
04 Jun 2012