Dublin | UCLG Global Cultural Summit 2023
The City of Dublin (Republic of Ireland) will host the fifth United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Culture Summit from 28 November to 1 December 2023, under the auspice of the Dublin City Council and the Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Entitled “Culture. Future. Goal. We Act to Bring Local Visions to Global Tables”, the UCLG Culture Summit is the main meeting point at global level of cities, local governments and organisations that are committed to the effective implementation of policies and programmes on culture and sustainability.
The main themes include:
- A Culture Goal in the SDGs: Why it is needed and how you can be involved
- Cultural rights and communities: Unfolding the Pact for the Future
- Culture and gender equality: How cultural actions contribute to more equal and more democratic cities and territories
- Culture and climate resilient development: Why a cultural perspective is essential in climate action and Eco transition
- Culture, wellbeing and health: Scientific evidences and innovative policies
- Culture and accessibility: How communities are empowered
- Culture and sustainable tourism: Local policies can align or converge
- The cultural localisation of the SDGs: The results of the Seven Keys workshops