19 Jun 2017 - 22 Jun 2017
Communicating the Museum 2017: "The Power of Education" | France
The 2017 edition of the Communicating the Museum conference, entitled "The Power of Education", will be held in Paris, France, on 19-22 June. Over four days, 300 museum professionals will debate the changing role of education today, discussing new ideas and forging new partnerships. The conference aims to help participants to navigate the changing powers of education: as part of their communications strategy, as a catalyst for fundraising, or as a fundamental part of their museum’s social mission. Experts from across the museum sector and the worlds of science, academia and business will gather to share their knowledge and experience. Together, they will discuss the many forms that education now takes: from audio guides to community outreach, digital debates or special exhibitions. Key questions addressed in the conference will include the following:
- What is the role of museums in today’s political and social issues?
- How to address the needs of your community?
- How do you get educators, curators and communicants to work together?
- How can museums learn from their public?
- How can museum transform the field through learning, community building, and innovative practice?
05 May 2017