China | SH Contemporary 2011
SH Contemporary 2011 - the Asia- Pacific Contemporary Art Fair - runs September 8 - 10, in downtown Shanghai, at the extraordinary Shanghai Exhibition Center, and with a 4-day programme of openings, studio visits and events, in cooperation with the city’s leading galleries and cultural initiatives.Mirroring the Asia Pacific art systems in the city that is the hub of the region, SH Contemporary highlights the work of galleries that promote innovative practices and research and nurture the creative movements that are crossing China and Asia, changing the global cultural landscape. Under the new direction of Massimo Torrigiani, the 5th edition of the fair is organized into 2 main sections, providing visitors with a selection of cutting-edge and emerging art, including video, film, photography and new media.
- The Art Show for selected established galleries and a New Entries section for emerging art and photography galleries, participating in the fair for the first time.
- SH Contemporary Projects 2011, organized in cooperation with Arthub Asia:
- First Issue, featuring Asia Pacific artists who had their first show in 2010-11.
- Hot Spots: large scale works produced for the spaces of the fair.
- The Asia Pacific Photography Prize - for established and new artists presented by their galleries - awarded by an international jury of photographers, editors, curators and critics.