Bangkok and online | Culture and Diplomacy in the Changing World: Its Relations, Values and Practices
The Japan Foundation Thailand presents International Public Symposium “Culture and Diplomacy in the Changing World: Its Relations, Values and Practices”. Registration is open for onsite and online participation.
Wednesday December 16, 2020 from 1:00 – 5:00 PM (GMT Thailand+7) at the Auditorium, 5th Floor of Bangkok Art and Cultural Center (BACC).
The Japan Foundation, Bangkok, in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Thailand, the British Council Thailand, as well as Bangkok Art and Cultural Center (BACC) are going to co-organize an international public symposium entitled “Culture and Diplomacy in the Changing World: Its Relations, Values and Practices” on Wednesday December 16, 2020 from 1:00 – 5:00 PM (GMT Thailand+7) at the Auditorium, 5th Floor of Bangkok Art and Cultural Center (BACC).
The purpose of this meeting is to explore the role of culture in the terms of diplomatic endeavors especially in the context of the current world situations, and to think further about the possibility of international cultural practices, and cultural collaborations beyond the dichotomy of internationalism and nationalism.
List of Speakers:
Part I: Cultural Diplomacy: Its concepts and Interpretations in Each Nation
(1) Mr. Ronald Grätz: Secretary General, IFA (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen), Germany
(2) Prof. Dr. Shibasaki Atsushi: Komazawa University, Faculty of Global Media Studies
(3) Dr. Xin Gu: Senior Lecturer, School of Media Film and Journalism, Monash University, Australia and Expert, UNESCO 2005 Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expression
(4) Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kitti Prasirtsuk: Vice Rector for International Affairs, Thammasat University, Thailand
(5) Assoc. Prof. Dr. Natthanan Kunnamas: Jean Monnet Chair and Jean Monnet Modules Coordinator, Director of Interdisciplinary Department of European Studies, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Part II: Cultural Exchange in Practice: Motivations behind Planning and Participation
(1) Prof. Dr. Apinan Poshyananda: CEO and Artistic Director of Bangkok Art Biennale 2020, Thailand
(2) Ms. Sasapin Siriwanij: Artistic Director of Bangkok International Performing Arts Meeting (BIPAM)
(3) Mr. Yoshioka Norihiko: Director General, the Japan Foundation, Bangkok, Thailand
(4) Ms. Maren Niemeyer: Director, Goethe-Institut Thailand
(5) Mr. Andrew Glass: Country Director, British Council Thailand
The symposium is FREE admission but advanced reservation is highly recommended via this form https://bit.ly/2V9jKnL
For more information about the poster, program schedule and profiles of each speaker, please kindly download from this below link.