Asia-Europe Cultural Relations - A look ahead | Public Forum - Register Now!
Registration is now open for the online Public Forum Asia-Europe Cultural Relations: A look ahead organised by ASEF Culture on 9 February 2023, from 5 to 6.30pm SGT, as the culminating event of the roundtable series Recalibrating the compass: What Future for Asia-Europe cultural relations?.
The global context that has emerged from the consultation developed in 2022 has revealed several challenges for the cultural sector and for the development of cultural relations. While inequalities within the cultural sector were already present before the 2020 global pandemic, these were further accelerated as a result of Covid-19. The increased digital divide for professionals in the arts and their lack of access to training opportunities and networking; the restrictions to cultural mobility, the impact of the climate crisis on the cultural sector and issues related to colonial and post-colonial narratives are some of the topics discussed through the consultation process.
The Public Forum, a final session open to the public, will invite a group of 6 experts in the cultural sector from Asia and Europe to discuss challenges and approaches in Asia-Europe cultural relations, based on findings and recommendations of the 5 roundtables.
Speakers in the panel are:
- Jordi BALTÀ – Cultural Consultancy and Research Transit Projectes
- Yohann FLOCH – Director of operations On the Move
- Ben HAMPE – Project Director | KONNECT ASEAN ASEAN Foundation
- Yasmine OSTENDORF-RODRÍGUEZ – Founder Green Art Lab Alliance
- Kamini RAMACHANDRAN – Director MoonShadow Stories and The Storytelling Centre Ltd
- Kathy ROWLAND – Co-founder and Managing Editor Arts Equator
Moderated by Valentina RICCARDI – Director, Culture Department Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
Live tweeting on 09/02/2023, 5 pm SGT from @asefculture with #LookAhead
Powered by Froala Editor