Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic
- the arts;
- cultural and educational activities;
- cultural monuments;
- matters relating to churches and religious societies;
- matters relating to the press, including publication of the non-periodical press and other information means;
- the preparation of draft laws and other legal regulations in the area of radio and television broadcasting;
- implementation of the Copyright Act;
- production and trade in the area of culture.
(excerpt from National Cultural Policy Czech Republic 2009-2014)
Culture can be viewed as a „ticket to the future“ ; once again the Czech Republic wants to become a cultural crossroad, it wants to utilize its natural position in a free, open and creative way in the creation of its own culture, in the preservation of cultural heritage and its application in every realm of social life.
The task of the state is to create optimal relations between culture and other realms of life of society and therefore enrich the lives of citizens, develop creative opportunities in the economy, research and education, motivate donors as well as provide sufficient resources to strengthen the competitiveness of the state in a global environment.
This vision of culture briefly explains what we consider most essential.
Culture is a sector, which can play a fundamental role in the years to come
- in the development of Czech society and which can be considered one of the basic elements of an economic, environmental and social development of the state.
- The Czech Republic can make use of contacts with European and global influences because of its geographical location and its tradition.
- The space for cultural production and for making use of the cultural values created in the past must remain open and accessible.
- The task of the state, regions and municipalities and its institutions is not only to support the culture itself but to connect it with other realms of life in a society, particularly to make its values accessible – the cultural heritage as well as the freedom and creativity important for cultural production – so people can make use of it in their various activities.
- The future competitiveness of the state should be based on these principles.