The residency welcomes artists and curators committed on societal themes. The artistic proposal must take place in and around Brussels, European capital with a great cultural and social diversity. The project is to be in collaboration with local actors involved with the cultural and social life of Brussels. The Thalie Art Foundation Residency’s goal is to implement and to involve to a new approach to contemporary creation by involving the audience as a protagonist of the artistic project and by supporting the production of projects specific by their diversity of work processes and forms of visibility (Films, Performances, Seminars, Editions, Exhibitions, Conferences …). The final project will be shown at the foundation.
Artists and curators having already carried an international visual art project and wishing to explore the territory of Brussels in its cultural diversity. Open to all, without distinction of nationality. French and/or English spoken is required
TERMS OF THE RESIDENCY
Duration : Up to four months, in one or several time periods depending on the project
Number of artists resident at one time : 3
Residency support to the resident will include :
- Logistic, curatorial, mediation and communication guidance
- Contact with the socio-cultural actors.
- A 600€ monthly stipend. • Coverage of travel costs (round-trip travel).
- Accommodation: a private single room with private shower room. The artist must share kitchen, living-room and workspace facilities.
- Production funding: Max 4000€. The artist must submitted a projected budget to the team of the Foundation. Co-production with others art centers are deeply recommended.
Deadline: 31 August 2016
For more information about the production funding and the terms of the residency, please download the open call.
Image: [top] L’Ecole de Marinella Senatore – courtesy de l’artiste / DR
[bottom] “MétallOpérette” de Marinella Senatore, Laboratoires d’Aubervilliers, mars 2016. Projet soutenu par Thalie Art Foundation – Copyright: O. Soussi-Chiadmi