culture360.org is currently looking for a technical coordinator with a proven track record in web content management via WordPress.
culture360.org is a unique online platform that connects the people of Asia and Europe through arts and culture by providing information, facilitating dialogue and stimulating reflection. culture360.org is a programme of the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF).
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Management of WordPress and Buddy Press (backend)
- Coordination with web-host and service provider
- Managing culture360.org email accounts via Google Mail
- Reporting on technical issues and possible enhancements
Management of the WordPress and BuddyPress platform:
- To liaise with web host and with WordPress 3.0/BuddyPress (WP3.0/BP) developers to maintain complete system integrity and stability.
- Report to ASEF on potential problems related to web hosting and contract updates with vendors.
- PollDaddy management, reporting and application of results.
- Give recommendations on future development of the WP3.0/BP platform.
Technical support, management and development of blog network, Knowledge Base and BuddyPress
- Create blogs under the culture360.org community section.
- Provide general community support/training and SPAM management.
- Produce training videos, training images and other relevant training information. Develop a structured, user-friendly Knowledge Base.
- Enhance BuddyPress Groups, Forums and communication tools;
- Assist ASEF staff with blogs related to the culture360.org platform, including the ASEMUS and film.culture360.org websites with the following activities: Set up members accounts and assign administrative access levels accordingly; Dissemination of training materials for members; Coordination of blog network across the main website and sub-sites of ASEMUS and film.culture360.org.
Reporting and communication with ASEF:
The technical coordinator will work directly with ASEF and maintain regular communication with the ASEF team. He/she will participate in at least one monthly conference call and stay in regular contact via email to ensure a smooth and effective workflow.
He/she is also expected to provide a monthly report of completed tasks that include, whenever necessary, some recommendations on technical enhancements of the main site and its sub-sites.
- Candidates have to be a national of an ASEM member country*.
- This position is freelance. The applicant does not need to be based in Singapore.
The monthly fee for this position is SGD 1,300 (12 month contract).
Please send your resume, cover letter and web links by 18 October 2013 to:
Valentina Riccardi, Project Manager, Culture Department, ASEF.
Submission deadline is 18 October 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
* The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an informal process of dialogue and cooperation bringing together the 27 European Union member states, 2 European countries, and the European Commission with 20 Asian countries and the ASEAN Secretariat. Member countries are: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Vietnam.