The International Organisation for the Transition of Professional Dancers (IOTPD) offers the first Philippe Braunschweig Bursary. Open to applications for retraining costs from professional dancers, who have worked in member countries, and are at the end of their international dance career.
Due to the very nature of the profession many dancers have international careers. Because of their scattered careers these dancers may not meet the eligibility criteria of any one country in order to receive a retraining grant through one of the established transitions centres.
As a tribute to its founder the IOTPD has created the annual Philippe Braunschweig Bursary for retraining.
This grant is meant for professional dancers who have had an international career and who don’t qualify for support from any one of the countries where they have danced.
Up to € 3000 will be available each year. This amount may be awarded in whole or in part depending on the need.
The dancer must:
• Not qualify for transition/retraining support from any one of the countries where he/she has danced
• Be ending his/her performance career or have ended it within a 12 month period prior to applying for the Philippe Braunschweig Bursary
• Have been a professional dancer for a minimum of 10 years
• Have danced a minimum of 60 months during the 10 year minimum time period
• Have had a professional dance contract (i.e. not simply touring from another country) in at least 2 of the IOTPD member countries listed below :
Canada: Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) www.dtrc.ca
France: Centre National de la Danse (CND) www.cnd.fr
Germany: STIFTUNG TANZ – Transition Zentrum Deutschland www.stiftung-tanz.com
Korea: Dancer’s Career Development Centre (DCDC) www.dcdcenter.or.kr
Switzerland: Association pour la Reconversion des Danseurs Professionnels (RDP)
The Netherlands: Stichting Omscholingsregeling Dansers (SOD) www.omscholingdansers.nl
United Kingdom: Dancers’ Career Development (DCD) www.thedcd.org.uk
USA: Career Transition For Dancers (CTFD) www.careertransition.org
The application deadline is April 30th.
See IOTPD website for online application form.