Open call for applications for Spoffin Residency, a project supporting young theatre artists who are in the process of finishing a new project created for public space (streets, squares, parks, etc.). The residency takes place in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, during August 2014, connecting with the Spoffin festival.
Residency support consists of:
- free use of Laswerkplaats, a fully equipped theatre studio (length 21 m, width 14 m, height 5 m), surrounded by lots of outdoor space during the whole month of August (in close cooperation with Stichting Laswerk);
- free use of a guesthouse during the month of August;
- assistance from the festival in finding the right site or venue;
- publicity support;
- possibility to showcase a short excerpt of the performance (4-8 minutes) during Spoffin Amuses, the official opening event of the festival (August 28);
- at least two performances during the Spoffin festival (August 29-31), including the premiere;
- 100% of the income ‘from the hat’;
- all lunches and dinners during the festival;
- possibility for a short presentation for our professional guests during the Spoffin PRO meeting (August 30-31);
- help of a few volunteers during the performances, depending on your needs.
It is important to understand that you will have to work very indepently. Spoffin cannot offer production facilities. Spoffin will not able to support you with travel costs or any fees.
The deadline for applying is January 31, 2014.
Image: Performer Sandrina Lindgren (Sweden) and puppeteer Ishmael Falke (Finland) worked during the 2013 residency of Spoffin on a very special, site specific city tour, Dead Ends – The art of urban animation, consisting of ultra short stories in which local traffic signs played the leading role.