For the last seven years MuseumNext conferences have focused on the future of museums and how the sector is forging ahead, showcasing innovative ideas and delivering thought-provoking insight. MuseumNext is a catalyst for innovation, transformation and collaboration in museums, galleries and heritage sites. The European version of MuseumNext will take place in Rotterdam, Netherlands, from June 26th to 28th 2017. The deadline for submission is Friday 6 January 2017.
Each MuseumNext conference has a theme, around which the community comes together to discuss the future of museums. For the European Museum Conference this theme is inspired by the wish to celebrate those people, ideas and technologies that are changing the landscape of the sector.
Theme – Museum Gamechangers
MuseumNext invites opinions, expertise, case studies, discussions and workshops around the points below:
- Leaders and cultural entrepreneurs – shaking up the museum sector, pushing boundaries and ensuring the future success and relevance of museums, galleries, science centres and cultural organisations in which they work.
- Technology – the use of cutting edge technology in the areas of, interactive campaigns, wearables, virtual reality, augmented reality, gadgets, platforms, games and more in the museum space to engage, nurture and connect.
- Practice – Innovative work with communities and schools, social engagement with diverse groups, being an ethical museum, raising the significance of the museum in daily lives, connecting and succeeding.
- Touring – How are touring exhibitions reshaping the museum landscape, what are the business models which museums are adopting to profit from touring.
- Partnerships – Working together across organisations; in conjunction with individuals, groups, regionally, nationally and internationally, sharing resources, goals and people.
- Audiences – elevating engagement, widening attendance, sharing a connection with each visitor through personalization, content and programming.
Please complete the form in order to submit your presentation. You will be required to submit the following information.
– The title of your presentation or workshop
– Name or names and contact details of those presenting
– Summary of your presentation or workshop (no more than 500 words)
– Relevant links
– What you expect delegates to learn from your session
The deadline for submission is Friday 6 January 2017 (5pm GMT)