International call for emerging artists and researchers working in performing arts (dance, theatre, music etc.) to apply for residencies in 2016 at Kyoto Art Center, Japan. You should have a significant reason to produce, research, study in Kyoto.
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We call for applications from the artists/researchers in performing arts and visual arts in alternate years. In 2016, the program is open to artists and researchers working in performing arts.
- Emerging artists and art researchers of performing arts (dance, theater and music etc.), who have a significant reason to produce, research and study in Kyoto.
- Applicants must:
– Organize exchange projects with Kyoto citizens during the residency.
– Give a presentation such as performances, lectures or workshops during the residency.
– Communicate in English or Japanese.
- Accommodation during the residency period. (Living expenses such as are not included.)
- Studio for production at Kyoto Art Center. Note: Presentation space availability is discussed after the selection.
- JPY200,000.- for an individual or a group (not each member) for production and/or research.
- Assistance of a program coordinator.
Maximum 3 months from April 1st (Fri), 2016 － March 31st (Fri), 2017
DEADLINE: 30 June 2015
IMPORTANT NOTE: applications must be submitted by post or in person (email, fax not permitted)