HOF ART RESIDENCY: BANGKOK – IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SURFACE ARTS – APPLY NOW for contemporary art residency program.
HOF Art and Surface Arts presents an exciting residency program in the heart of Bangkok’s budding art district. Applications are received on an ongoing basis for residencies which provide accommodation, studio space and support for a residency fee (35,000 THB per month).
Please note: organisers informed that this residency is currently closed to applications (updated April 2017)
HOF Art and Surface Arts bring artists together from around the world to concentrate on producing ideas, generating new work and new audiences. We aim to support the artists through their explorations and encounters to expand their practice.
Our space is in the hip Sukhumvit area and is a focal point for both emerging and established artists, providing a space for exhibitions and events with two galleries and a café bar. We also have ten studio spaces, along with our resident accommodation, rooftop kitchen and social space.
We accept applications from contemporary artists with an interest in urban environments and Thai culture. We aim to support the production of ideas and art works to develop understanding between cultures.
We expect innovation and creative relationships to grow from this residency and actively benefit the individual artist as well as the local art community.
You should address your reasons for wanting to enter the residency and an outline of your project. Applicants must submit the following information:
- Proposal or outline of project
- Preferred starting date and duration of visit
- Visual material (up to five examples of previous works)
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Residency Fee is 35,000 THB per month, per artist
Your stay will include:
- Accommodation – private room with air-conditioning.
- Studio space
- Staff support to arrange activities linked to artistic practices; such as exhibition, workshop, presentation etc.
- Pick up and drop off service for artists from the airport bus or train station
- BTS Smart Pass – to get around Bangkok by public transport
- Welcome tour
- Local maps, transport maps and art maps
- Free tea and coffee and drinking water
- Towel, bedding and maid service provided
We feel one month is the minimum time to get the best benefits from the residency program.
Shorter or longer stays can be negotiated.
Fees for artist duos and artists accompanied by life partner and family members can be negotiated.
More Information: http://www.hofartresidency.com/