Paris | Cité Internationale des Arts | residency opportunities
The Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris is intended to provide short or long stays (2 months to 1 year) for professional artists who want to develop their artistic work in France. Since its opening in 1965, the Cité Internationale des Arts has accommodated more than 18 000 artists from all over the world.
A limited number of residencies in 2014 are available for direct applicants. Please read the guidelines carefully.
- The studios are open for professional artists
- The applications are examined by the Entrance committee (approximately 10% of the applications are accepted)
- The duration of the stay is beetwen 3 to 12 months (according to the project).
- The average of the monthly fee for occupancy vary between 415 and 750 euros per month. (according the surface)
- There is a handling change of 30 euros
For residencies in VISUAL ARTS or MUSIC: deadline 7 October 2013
The facilities of the Cité are divided between two locations in Paris :
- The site located at 18 rue de l’Hôtel de Ville includes 270 individual workshops in the heart of the Marais district, a dynamic quarter swarming with art galleries and a favourite destination for Parisians.
- The site located at 24 rue Norvins is composed of several buildings in a large garden in Montmartre and has 30 individual workshops. Montmartre was for many years a focal point for artists over the world.
Residents may practice their artistic discipline and develop their creative techniques for the duration of their stay at the Cité Internationale des Arts. The residence also houses an exhibition area where artists can display their works and an auditorium where they can perform concerts.
- Applicants are advised to address their application to the Cité Internationale des Arts only by mail (not email).
- Studios are not free of charge. They are available in a very limited number.