Kyoto Art Center | performing arts residencies
International call for emerging artists and researchers working in performing arts (dance, theatre, music etc.) to apply for residencies in 2016 at Kyoto Art Center, Japan. You should have a significant reason to produce, research, study in Kyoto.
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We call for applications from the artists/researchers in performing arts and visual arts in alternate years. In 2016, the program is open to artists and researchers working in performing arts.
- Emerging artists and art researchers of performing arts (dance, theater and music etc.), who have a significant reason to produce, research and study in Kyoto.
- Applicants must:
- Organize exchange projects with Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- Give a presentation such as performances, lectures or workshops during the residency.
- Communicate in English or Japanese.
- Accommodation during the residency period. (Living expenses such as are not included.)
- Studio for production at Kyoto Art Center. Note: Presentation space availability is discussed after the selection.
- JPY200,000.- for an individual or a group (not each member) for production and/or research.
- Assistance of a program coordinator.
Maximum 3 months from April 1st (Fri), 2016 － March 31st (Fri), 2017
DEADLINE: 30 June 2015
IMPORTANT NOTE: applications must be submitted by post or in person (email, fax not permitted)