Art Radar Institute | p/t online Course Tutor job
Art Radar Insitute seeks a 101 Course Tutor (Part-time) to deliver contemporary art writing tuition to students via remote distance learning tools. Art Radar is one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond.
Application deadline: Sunday, 2 November 2014
Art Radar Institute was founded in June 2011 and offers online and face-to-face courses to art professionals, academics, artists, scholars and collectors. To date, more than 80 students have undertaken the Institute’s flagship online course, the Art Radar Certificate in Art Journalism & Writing 101.
The Institute is seeking a part-time Course Tutor to teach and manage students undertaking this unique 101 certificate programme. Over 13 weeks, students on this programme learn to write and edit up to two articles that will be published on Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond. Art Radar garners over 20,000 unique visitors a month, and has nearly 20,000 subscribers and followers.
Day to day responsibilities include
- interviewing prospective students
- communicating with prospective and current students via email and Skype
- finding and assigning articles to students
- editing and providing feedback on coursework completed by students
- uploading completed student articles to Art Radar for publication
- grading students and writing reference letters
- various administration tasks directly related to the management of prospective and current students
Art Radar Institute and Art Radar operate remotely, with staff members working from home across the world. As such, applicants for this position can be based anywhere in the world, although applicants living in the Asia region will be given preference.
Successful candidates must
- have a strong background in education (online or offline) and/or journalism, contemporary art, art history, online publishing – our ideal candidate will have previously published on visual culture media
- have experience using WordPress, with knowledge of HTML and CSS beneficial
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken
- have a tertiary-level education
- have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- have excellent attention to detail
The 101 Course Tutor’s salary will be commensurate with experience. The 101 Course Tutor is a part-time role: weekly work time requirements will be confirmed during the interview period. This role is ideal for freelancers, and is conducted online via Skype, email and messenger.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV, a cover letter and two relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Please include “Art Radar Institute seeks 101 Course Tutor” in the subject line.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and will be required to attend up to two interviews over Skype. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.