DIAMOND project | Dialoguing Museums for a new Cultural Democracy in Europe
The Diamond project: “Dialoguing Museums for a New Cultural Democracy” project was a 2-year EU-funded programme bringing together a group of scientific museums and research centres in Italy, Romania and Spain. Diamond has developed museum training as a tool to engage learning opportunities and social inclusion for disadvantaged groups of adults.
Diamond was a two year project co - funded by European Commission within the lifelong learning programme Grundtvig (adult education). The project aimed at bringing together a group of scientific museums and research centres committed to provide learning opportunities for adult people.
Diamond aimed at implementing pilot activities within scientific museums addressed to socially disadvantaged adults, using also ICT and focussing on the issue of impact measurement and evaluation. To promote a greater appreciation of the role of scientific museums as a tool to engage adults and promote learning opportunities and social inclusion for disadvantaged groups. Diamond started in November 2012 and ended in October 2014.
The project was developed through the following main phases:
- Research phase (http://www.diamondmuseums.eu/downloads/DIAMOND_Background_research.pdf)
- Training courses for museum professionals with particular reference to Digital Storytelling (DS) as an effective method of engagement and involvement in museum activities addressed to museums professionals and to professionals operating in the social sector (http://www.diamondmuseums.eu/downloads/training%20report%20MEP.pdf ;
- Pilot projects
- Starting from the museum and its collection (what do you think about it? What is it in your opinion)...
- Participants wrote their own story (storyboard)...
- Recorded their own voices..
- Select the pictures/drawings/images..
- Realised a short video (2/3 mins.)...
- TELLING THEIR OWN STORY BASED ON THE MUSEUM EXPERIENCE
Read more about the Diamond Museums project
Read a short report on Diamond project from LEM