We have compiled a list of some of the most commonly asked questions we get. If you can’t find the answer to your question here please check out our Getting Started page or contact our friendly Community Tech Support Group.
Having trouble creating an Account?
If you find you are experiencing trouble creating an account it could be due to one of the following reasons:
1. You may have only completed the ‘Account Details’ panel on the left but not completed the ‘Profile Details‘ panel on the right. Both the panels with the blue background need to be completed before you can successfully create an account.
2. Before you can begin to use the community aspects of this site you will need to first ‘activate’ your culture360 account. To activate your account you will need to open the activation email that was sent to your email account. In that email you will see a message that says… “To complete the activation of your account please click the following link”
Once, you have activated this (clicked on the link), you can Log In and start using the community aspects of the site.
3. Can’t see an email in your in-box although you successfully completed the ‘Account Details’ and ‘Profile Details’ panels and been redirected to the ‘Sign Up Complete’ page?
Please check your Junk folder – it may be that your email programme has marked it as spam and placed it in your Junk folder. Drag the message into your in-box and click the activation link contained within.
4. You have set up an account but can’t log in? Did you activate the email that was sent to you at the time of creating an new account? The site will remember your temporary account details for up to 10 days. After this period you will need to create a new account.
Still having trouble accessing your Account?
We really value your membership and hope that this has been helpful in sorting out your issue. If this has not been helpful and your still having trouble creating an account please contact us and give us as much information as possible regarding the problem your experiencing. Information such as:
- What browser you were using at the time and what version
- What error message appeared (if any appeared)
- Which fields were causing problems for you
- What operating system / device where you using at the time, for example; PC, smart phone – iPhone/Android, tablet – iPad, Laptop
You need to be logged into culture360.org first before you can change your password. To change your password, go to the navigation menu at the top of the page, go to ‘My Account’ and then click on ‘Profile’.
Click on the ‘Settings’ button in the blue menu. Then, enter your new password in the password field, you will also be required to repeat your new password in the second field as confirmation. Click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
No problem we can assign you a new password which you can then reset once you have logged in.
- Beneath the Login link you will see a link entitled ‘Lost Your Password’. When you click on this a new page will appear which will prompt you to enter your e-mail address.
- Once you have entered your correct e-mail address, we will e-mail you with your ‘User Name’ and link to reset your password. When you click on this link you are redirected back to the site to enter either your ‘User Name’ or your e-mail to be issued a new password.
Please enter your username or e-mail address, then the new password will be sent you to. Copy the new password and click on the link to be redirect to the login page, enter your user name and paste in your new password. We recommend you then go to your Profile page and change your ‘Settings’. Here you can change your password to one that may be easier for you to remember.
You can add more information and extend your profile by browsing to the navigation menu at the top of the page, go to ‘My Account’ and then click on ‘Profile’.
- Click on the ‘Edit Profile’ link, then click on the ‘Extended Profile’ button. Enter your information in the fields provided, then ‘Save Changes’.
A Forum is an online discussion area consisting of a tree-like directory structure which contains topics or threads and inside them posts. Members can create topics or threads, post messages and comment on other messages. Forums on the culture360.org website are moderated by the culture360.org administration team.
A Blog is a type of website or part of a website maintained by an individual member with regular entries or posts of commentary, descriptions of events or other material such as images or video. Other members may be able to post comments on an individual blog post, with all comments being moderated by the blog owner. All content in a Blog is the sole responsibility of the Blog owner and not of culture360.org ASEF or ASEM. For more information read our terms of service policy.
On the culture360.org website, the list of Forums and Blogs can be found under the ‘Community’ menu item.
RSS is an abreviation for “Really Simple Syndication” which is a collection of feed formats used to publish Blog posts in a standardised format. A RSS document or ‘Feed’ includes summarised text and metadata (such as date and author details) for each blog post.
Users can subscribe to a RSS feed by clicking on a RSS icon or RSS link on a web page. RSS feeds can be read using RSS software, often called a ‘RSS Reader’ in their web browser, email client or mobile device.
culture360.org provides users the opportunity to subscribe to their RSS feeds by clicking on the orange RSS icons on the Home page.
To upload or change your Avatar, you will need to first check to see that it is the correct size. Avatars should be no smaller than 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size.
At the navigation menu at the top of the page, go to ‘My Account’, then go to ‘Profile’ and then click on ‘Change Avatar’.
Click on the ‘Choose File’ button. Browse on your computer to where your image is located. Then click on the ‘Upload Image’ button. For more information on cropping or uploading your Avatar go to our Getting Started section.