ASEF culture360 is media partner of the Asian Intercultural Conference (AIC), an international gathering of theatre professionals, scholars and academics organised every 3 years by Intercultural Theatre Institute (ITI). The conference will take place on 27-30 November 2017 at the Esplanade Theatres on the Bay, Singapore.
Behind the tongue-in-cheek theme of this edition of AIC is a serious concern — the survival, agency and autonomy of the individual artist working in theatre in an age of unprecedented change due to globalisation and its accompanying “capitalist” forces. The “capitalist” challenge to theatre-making and the changes it has wrought are irrefutably pervasive and pitiless, and quite possibly permanent.
It may well be theatre’s Death Star.
What is an artist to do? How can s/he respond? Is resistance futile?
• Hear from internationally renowned master teachers
• Exchange artistic ideas and experience
• Connect with theatre practitioners from around the world
• Network with over 200 industry professionals
• Prof Tadashi Uchino (Performance Studies, Performance Studies, Intercultural Studies, Gakushin
Women’s College, Japan)
• Prof C.J. W.-L. Wee (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
To register and learn more about AIC, please visit: