The international conference on Gender Mainstreaming & Cultural Rights – Women and the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development takes place in Kolkata in December. The Call for Papers is open till 31 July.
Dates: 19, 20 & 21 December 2016
Venue: ArtsAcre Foundation, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
The aim of the Conference is to create a civic space for promoting gender and diversity in cultural institutions and agencies:
- Promoting critical reflections on the current state of gendered concerns,
- Sharing and promoting case studies and demonstration projects, and
- Advancing critical discourse in gender studies and cultural institutions.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The conference will feature plenary speakers and papers submitted by participants. Interested researchers, policy makers, curators and cultural programmers are invited to submit a 150-word abstract of their proposed papers and a 50-word personal Bio. An editorial group will respond to submissions within 6 weeks. The following broad categories will form the structure of the conference.
- Conceptual understandings of Gender Mainstreaming and Gender Parity,
- Critical mapping of the current situation through case studies,
- Policy imperatives for transformative planning,
- Capacity building, upskilling and up scaling for achieving Gender Parity,
- Creativity – the ongoing exploration of the interplay between arts, culture, heritage, creativity and gender,
- Cultural diversity and embedding gender parity in cultural agencies, and
- Any other interdisciplinary area that falls within the ambit of the Conference purpose.
DEADLINE for abstracts: 31 July 2016
Conference registration is open