15 Apr 2013
Korea | 2013 International Fellowship in Cultural Studies of Contemporary Art
Participants of this program have been mainly curators of art museums from all over the world.
This research program aims to provide a sustained platform for initiating dialogues; for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals; and for furthering collaboration and joint programming among art museums in Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America.
Application deadline: 15 April 2013
The general information and requirements of the program (see website for the full details and application forms) are:
1. Period: June 1~ November 30, 2013
2. Host Institution National Museum of Contemporary Art, Korea
3. Invited Researchers 3 professionals
4. Program Description
• Individual research in link with Korean contemporary art
• Visiting art studios, museums, galleries and art institutions
• Attending art related conferences
• Korean language course
• Cultural field trips
5. General Qualifications
• Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics,
conservators, educators, etc.
• Aged between 25 and 45
• Countries in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and South America
• Good use of English language
• Individuals who have high interest in cultural exchange
6. Financial Support
|Round-trip airfare||Round-trip airfare (economy class) from airport near the participant’s place of residence to Seoul, Korea.|
|Accommodation provided||Accommodation will be provided by the host|
Institution in a location suitable for the participants.
|Monthly living expense||900,000 Korean won per month is provided to|
cover food, transportation, communication, taxes,
public utilities and etc. Living expense is
deposited directly to the participant's Korean
bank account every month. Participants may not
receive additional financial support by the training institution.
|Korean language course fee||All participants are obliged to take the Korean language course for 200 hours as a part of the program|
|Traveler's insurance fees||A standard insurance coverage will be provided by the host institution. Detailed information will be provided upon participant's entry to Korea.|
Any supplementary insurance coverage can be arranged and covered by participants.
06 Apr 2012
25 Feb 2018
17 Mar 2015
22 Mar 2016
09 Mar 2017