You are welcome to explore THE COntemporary COllaboration in the WORLD OF COntrasts!
Description of residency program
We are warm and friendly Art Residency program located in Sofia, Bulgaria, and is meant for artists from all over the world.
You will have the opportunity to experience our mixture of artist-led critiques & support, to feel amazing Bulgarian traditions, and taste the spirit and atmosphere of some old villages and cities. Our more-than-beautiful Nature will inspire you, sustain and provoke your creative abilities and hopefully divert them into a totally new direction.
Duration of residency
The duration of the residency program is flexible- from 1 to 3 months. Shorter periods of 1 or 2 month(s) is also possible. You can apply anytime. The main language in the Residency is English.
Our doors are open to all disciplines including visual arts, painting, sculpture, ceramics, performing, arts, textile art, literature, new media, animation, printmaking, curatorial studies, arts administration, movie making, architecture, design, dancing, music, playwrights and so on.
During our program each artist is offered to participate in:
- Group critiques with a mentor-meetings dedicates to your artistic work
- Artists talks
- Visit artists studios all around the country
- Educational workshops mostly connected with Balkan traditional techniques, crafts, and habits
- Memorable tours around cities of the country and the inspiring nature of Bulgaria
- Night Life drawing with music and wine
- Bulgarian language lessons
- Final curated group exhibition with the individual works of every artist and one shared work which expresses all of them together during their journey in Bulgaria
Each artist has a unique separate room in a warm apartment in Sofia, with wifi and all required conveniences in the heart of the city
You will have the opportunity to work in your room and in the shared working studio which is located near the apartment
Fees and support
Monthly costs for Bulgarian Residency program, sleeping, and work studio – € 730 month
Whatever you need we’ll be there to help and guide you.
Expectations towards the artist
Travel Costs, Some of Museum/Gallery Entry Fees, Housing Supplies (i.e. toiletries, dishwashing liquid etc) Food Other/Personal expenses (The kitchens are equipped with cooking utensils and facilities for your use.)
On our website, you can find an Application form: http://worldof.co/apply
Please fill the form and we will contact you soon.