The Embassy of The Kingdom of the Netherlands in the People’s Republic of China invites applications for the position of Senior Cultural Affairs Officer: Museum Cooperation/Film/Music and Literature. The post seems open to suitably qualified persons (language skills required: Dutch mother tongue, fluent English, preferably good proficiency in Chinese – check nationality requirements). The full-time job is based at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands at Beijing.
Senior Cultural Affairs Officer – Museum cooperation/film/music/literature:
• is responsible for art & cultural disciplines (like: museum cooperation, film events and festivals, performing arts and literature);
• implements the Memorandum of Understanding that has been signed between the governments of China and the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
• maintains an adequate professional network with Chinese and Dutch government authorities and cultural organisations;
• contributes to the Dutch cultural policy and the Strategic Multi Annual Plan;
• develops and administers cultural projects;
• contributes to the general Press- and cultural department activities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
• university education level;
• at least 3 years professional experience in the cultural field;
• specialisation in the following fields: museum cooperation, music, film, literature, performing arts;
• pro-active, creative and takes initiative, a team player, ability to work independently on projects with a positive constructive attitude;
• experienced in working with projects, used to work under deadlines, with an eye for detail;
• knowledge of Dutch and China’s cultural structure, cultural policies, legislation as well as cultural developments (national and international);
• skills in analysing questions and answering them orally and in writing;
• effective networker in the cultural fields and working in such a way that the network can be easily shared with colleagues;
• Dutch language as mother tongue and fluent in English, preferably good proficiency in Chinese;
• good communicative skills;
• familiar with and knowledgeable of Western and Chinese culture and customs;
• loyal to Dutch interests.
Applicants are invited to send a motivation letter and resume in Dutch or English before June 30, 2017
For more details, read the full Job Description
Image: January 2017, the Netherlands Embassy hosted the closing ceremony of the documentary training workshop for young Chinese female filmmakers organized by the Chinese NGO Crossroads. More information