The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (MMCA) hosts an international research program for the museum professionals including curators, conservators and educators. Applications invited from eligible professionals aged 25-45 for international museum fellowships.
This program was initiated as a part of the Cultural Partnership Initiative (CPI) Project supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea. Participants of this program have been mainly curators of contemporary art museums from all over the world.
This research program aims to provide a sustainable platform for initiating dialogues and for developing a comprehensive network among museum professionals.
The general information and requirements of the program are listed as below:
- 1. Period July – November, 2016
- 2. Host Institution National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- 3. Inviting Researchers 2 professionals
4. Program Description
- Individual research in link with Korean modern and contemporary art
* Research fellow must present a final essay of his/her research before the research presentation to be held at the end of the fellowship.
- Visiting art studios, museums, galleries and art institutions
- Meeting artists and museum professionals in Korea
- Attending art related conferences
- Cultural field trips
- Korean language course (mandatory)
5. General Qualifications
- Individuals who work in related fields of contemporary art such as museum professionals, curators, art historians, critics, conservators, educators, etc.
- Citizen of the following regions: Asia, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central and South America
* Applicants from other regions than those mentioned above will NOT be considered.
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Good use of English language
- Individuals who have high interest in cultural exchange