The International Federation of Arts Councils and Cultural Agencies (IFACCA) is the global network of arts councils and ministries of culture, with member organisations in over 70 countries. Founded in 2001 and based in Sydney, Australia, IFACCA provides services, information and resources, including networking, knowledge and analysis, advocacy and capacity building, to member organisations and the wider international culture sector.
With the forthcoming departure of the founding Executive Director, Sarah Gardner, we are seeking an Executive Director who will be instrumental in achieving the Federation’s vision of a ‘world in which arts and culture thrive and are recognised by governments and peoples for their contribution to society’. The Executive Director will deliver the Strategic Plan; lead and motivate a high performing team; build IFACCA’s membership, partnerships, international profile and reputation with stakeholders; and oversee the effective financial and operational management of the organisation.
Applications are sought from successful senior leaders who can demonstrate:
• Proven leadership and management experience
• Understanding of programme and service delivery
• The ability to work effectively with a Board and knowledge of organisational governance
• Highly effective relationship management and networking skills; negotiation, advocacy and diplomacy experience; and an ability to challenge peoples’ thinking in constructive ways
• Excellent financial management skills and business and fundraising acumen
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English; and the ability to present complex ideas in a style and at a level appropriate for a variety of audiences.
Your application for the role will be enhanced if you:
• Are fluent in more than one language
• Have proven knowledge of/expertise in the arts and culture sector, and a good knowledge of arts and cultural policy and the value of public funding
• Can demonstrate expertise in government relations, NGOs and service organisations
• Have relevant experience working internationally and in culturally diverse settings; and
• Have Australian citizenship, residence or appropriate work visa.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative and dynamic organisation where your contribution can be made at a global level. An attractive package including a contribution towards relocation expenses (if applicable) will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications for the position, including a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, a curriculum vitae and the names of two referees, should be emailed to email@example.com. For a job description please visit here.