Southeast Asian Film Financing market at ScreenSingapore 2015 | call for projects
Southeast Asian Film Financing (SAFF) Project Market is a new addition to ScreenSingapore 2015, taking place 2-4 December 2015. Call for film projects with SE Asian professional/creative/content element.
A call for submissions is now open for in-development fiction and non-fiction feature film projects from aspiring and experienced filmmakers to be a part of the first Southeast Asia co-production project market. The SAFF Project Market facilitates meetings and interactions between the filmmakers and potential collaborators, investors and distributors who can help bring the film projects to fruition.
Submit your projects now to stand a chance to be selected as one of the Top 10 projects. The finalists will then get the chance to be present at the Project Market to meet potential co-producers, financiers, sales agents, commissioners and programmers. The selected projects will also stand a chance to win prizes at the close of the SAFF Project Market!
SAFF Project Market is organized in partnership with Southeast Asian Audio Visual Association and ScreenSingapore.
Deadline: 30 September 2015
- Fiction / Documentary / Animation projects with a minimum length of 70 minutes
- Applicant can be the project’s Writer, Director, or Producer
- While this is open to international applicants, all projects submitted must contain a Southeast Asian element in one or more of the following significant creative roles:
- Lead (Majority) Producers from Southeast Asian nationality
- Director and/or Writer from Southeast Asian nationality
- Shooting location of Production
- Overall thematic thrust of the Project (involving Southeast Asian lead characters or involving uniquely Southeast Asian issues etc.)
- Projects should already have either a Director or a Producer attached at the point of application
- Projects submitted must not have commenced production and must not be fully financed at the point of application
SAFF Project Market is organised in partnership with SAAVA (Southeast Asian Audio Visual Association) and Ties that Bind.
ScreenSingapore is Southeast Asia's marketplace for filmmakers, producers, distributors, financiers and film buyers to explore co-production opportunities, seek financing and make deals. For the 2015 edition, ScreenSingapore features the Southeast Asia Film Financing (SAFF) Project Market which connects in-development projects with financiers, commissioners and co-production partners.
This year’s conference at ScreenSingapore puts the spotlight on alternative ways to source for financing for film projects. Be it seeking funding for your latest film concept or bringing your film to the international arena, you will walk away with all these and more at ScreenSingapore.
Held in conjunction with the Singapore International Film Festival and Asia TV Forum & Market, join us in Singapore to network, learn and make deals with your peers.