8th International Conference on Cultural Policy Research | call for proposals
The 8th International Conference on Cultural Policy Research ICCPR2014 will be held in Hildesheim, Germany, 9-12 September 2014 + Berlin 12-13 September 2014. A call for proposals is open for papers and panel presentations (deadline: 1st February 2014).
A CALL for 2016 conference hosts is open to potential hosts for the 9th biennial ICCPR in 2016, with a deadline of December 31st 2013 to submit conference organising bids. The International Scientific Committee of the International Conference on Cultural Policy Research (ICCPR) addresses universities, research institutions, researchers and research administrators who might be interested in hosting the Ninth International Conference on Cultural Policy Research. We invite these institutions, researchers and/or research administrators to submit proposals for ICCPR 2016, which should take place sometime between June and November 2016.
The ICCPR2014 will be organized by the Department of Cultural Policy at the University of Hildesheim, in collaboration with the International Journal of Cultural Policy. ICCPR2014 aims to provide a space for exploring cultural policies, their meanings, roles and impact in an interdisciplinary and international environment. For the ICCPR2014 we invite proposals for panels and individual papers on the study of cultural policy and the relationship between culture and politics broadly defined.
You are invited to submit papers and panels on the following or related topics:
- Cultural policy and globalization
- Cultural policy and cultural diversity / diversity of cultural expressions
- Cultural policy, foreign cultural policy, cultural diplomacy and international relations
- Artist policy
- Infrastructures of the arts, arts education and arts landscapes
- Theatre and music policy
- Arts policy, cultural policy and development
- Cultural policy and development policy
- Cultural policy and processes of transformation
- Cultural policy and conflict
- Cultural policy and arts education / mediation of arts
- Cultural policy as welfare policy
- Creativity and the city
- Culture, art and economy
- Cultural policy and cultural industries
- Cultural policy, religion and secularism
- Intellectuals and cultural policy
- Politics of cultural policy
- Cultural policy and values
- Historiographies of cultural policy
- Implicit cultural policy
- Comparative cultural policy
- Cultural policy in different regions of the world
- Media and politics, media policy
- Digital culture and cultural policy
- The politics of memory
Deadline: February 1st 2014
See website for guidelines on how to submit your proposal.