Hong Kong 2012 Diary: World Cinema - Poland in Close-Up
Aside from a full array of exciting, new works from all corners of the globe (fourteen Gala Presentations and 35 Global Vision offerings), the 36th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) pays tribute to contemporary Polish cinema. Poland in Close-Up is brought to you by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute – a Polish governmental institution devoted to the promotion of national culture abroad.
The eleven featured titles, all produced in 2011, include:
- In Darkness by Agnieszka Holland
- The Mill & the Cross by Lech Majewski
- Black Thursday by Antoni Krauze
- Courage by Greg Zglinski
- Fear of Falling by Bartosz Konopka
- Rose by Wojciech Smarzowsk
- George the Hedgehog, a full-length animation by Wojciech Wawszczyk, Jakub Tarkowski, and Tomasz Leśniak.