The 53rd Thessaloniki International Film Festival, an event dedicated to independent cinema, will take place from 2nd to 11th November 2012 in Thessaloniki, Greece. The festival will feature works of young film directors from all over the world. Thessaloniki is the established meeting ground between film makers and Greek audiences. The 53rd Thessaloniki International Film Festival will host the following sections included within the framework of the event –
- Official international competition for first and second full-length feature films.
- Open Horizons, an international informative section which is a panorama of films from around the world.
- Official non-competitive section for Greek films produced in 2011-2012.
- Retrospectives and Tributes devoted to the work of new and leading international filmmakers.
- A special section dedicated to films from the Balkan region under the name “Balkan Survey”.
- A Special Screenings section.
- A Co-production Forum, and a Film Market, which includes a Works-In-Progress section.