Applications from high-level professionals worldwide are invited for a 10-day international seminar to be organised in Paris this June on ‘Contemporary artistic creation in the digital age’. It is held in English and offered by France’s Ministry of Culture and Communications.
Seminar dates: Wednesday, June 1st to Friday, June 10th 2016
Deadline for applications: 13 April 2016
This seminar is offered by the Ministry of Culture and Communications (General Secretariat, Division of Legal and International Affairs) within the framework of its visitor programs, implemented by the Maison des Cultures du Monde. About fifteen experienced managers, directors and CEO working in the fields of art and culture and addressing digital issues in a context of creation will gather in Paris. This seminar is to understand what is at stake in terms of public policies behind digital content creation in the art and culture fields. The participants will get acquainted with the French context and expand their professional networks in France and in the countries of the other participants. Through presentations, round tables, professional meetings and visits, they will be able to share knowledge, practices and projects issues regarding contemporary artistic creation in the digital age. This seminar will be in English only.
This seminar is intended for high level English-speaking professionals from Europe, North and Latin America, Southern and Southeast Asia, the Far East, South Africa, Australia and New-Zealand (executive directors in cultural organizations, managers of cultural projects, heads of service and policy officers in local governments, local authorities or public organizations).
The program will be designed to closely match the profiles of the selected participants. The seminar will cover, among others, the topics mentioned below :
- the role of digital tools in artistic creation;
- the different types of funding and assistance policies dedicated to artistic creation and the dissemination of art works;
- the best partnerships to develop co-production agreements, sell and give exposure to artistic creations;
- the legal framework (author’s rights, broadcasting media…);
- how to create and develop a digital culture (among artists, the audience, the institutions).
The purpose of the seminar is :
- to share knowledge about the various existing policies in the field of artistic creation in adigital context;
- to share knowledge about tools and drivers that can be used in France and in the participants’ countries (in terms of infrastructures, finance, production, outreach, public
- to identify the different existing networks dedicated to artistic creation and advocacy ;
- to facilitate the development of professional networks between French and foreign organizations.
Staff members from the Ministry of Culture and Communication (specifically from the Department of artistic creation) and from facilities or cultural organizations dealing with digital production and dissemination in the Paris area will be involved in this program.
Coverage of expenses
The Ministry of Culture and Communication will cover the costs for:
- Living expenses (accommodation and per diem)
- Travel expenses in France (if required by the program)
NB: The cost of the international transportation ticket is not included and must be covered either by the applicants, their employer, the Embassy of France or the Institut français in their home country, or any other institution.
See website for information in French and English on how to apply