Ties That Bind: Asia Europe film producers workshop will take place in Udine (Italy) on 29 April to 3 May 2014 within the framework of the Udine Far East Film Festival (April 25 – May 3, 2014), with the support of the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), through its programme Creative Encounters: Cultural Partnerships between Asia and Europe.
Ties that Bind is organised in partnership with Friuli Venezia Giulia Audiovisual Fund, EAVE, Udine Far East Film Festival and Busan International Film Festival / Asian Project Market. A second event will be organized in October 2014 during the Busan International Film Festival (October 2 – 11, 2014) in South Korea with the support of Creative Europe.
The workshop which runs this year its 6th Edition, will bring together 10 film producers from Asian and European countries. An open call for submissions was published at the beginning of February to invite experienced film producers from Asia and Europe. Each producer will be selected together with a feature film project in development and will work with leading industry experts from both continents during the two workshops. Amongst a range of issues, sessions will focus on script development, co-production between Asia and Europe, financing in the two regions, marketing and promotion, and the legal aspects of co-production. The workshop participants will work together as a group, as well as through individual consultation, and will have the unusual opportunity to get to know each other very well with the object of forming long term creative and business partnerships and networks. In Busan in October 2014, the participants will be able to have meetings with leading Asian and European funders, sales agents, and potential co-producers during the Asian Project Market.
The workshop will enable feature film producers from both continents to work together in two four-day workshop and will offer participants:
- top level professional and project development
- work on the comprehensive development of European and Asian projects
- cooperation and co-production on these and future projects
- the creation of in-depth awareness of the audiovisual market and operating conditions, legal frameworks, financing, sales, distribution and exhibition practices in both continents
- networking between the participants and their companies to create medium and long term informational co-financing and co-production relationships
- access to a network of producers, markets, festivals and decision makers in both continents
For further information you can contact: tanika[at]eave.org