ChopShots 2014 | Deadline extened 10th Jan
ChopShots is a documentary film festival for the Asia-Pacific region organized by DocNet Southeast Asia—a project initiated by Goethe-Institut and funded by the EU—and its partners from six Southeast Asian countries. The festival brings the Asian as well as the international documentary scene together to celebrate the art and business of documentary making. ChopShots is the ideal event for people from the documentary and digital industries to get together - to screen their work, share knowledge, do business, make new contacts and discuss innovations and challenges they are facing in the ever changing media landscape.
Winning newcomers will get an opportunity to travel with their films to Southeast Asian neighbouring countries for the CHOPSHOTS TRAVELLING FESTIVAL: Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Focus this year: DOCS ANIMATED! ChopShots2014 is looking for documentary films which use animation or are animated.
- All submissions are free.
- Eligible entries for the two competition sections (International Competition for Feature Length and SEA Best Shorts for short and medium length) are preferably documentaries on topics set in Southeast Asia
- Eligible entries should not have been made public on the web
- The online entry form must be filled out here with acknowledgment that the submission guidelines have been read and understood. When registering online the filmmaker must upload a synopsis and 2 film stills (each stills with the minimum size of 300 dpi). The name of film stills should match the film tittle. Submission deadline is December 15th, 2013.
- Eligible entries must have English subtitles.
- Duration of the entries including the credit title: Short/medium Length category: up to 60 minutes Feature Length category: 61 minutes and up
- Film makers can submit more than one film. Each film must be submitted through one registration form and on one DVD.
- Eligible entries must have been produced after 1 January 2012.
- Entry materials must arrive by December 15th, 2013 or earlier. Please either send a download link for videos in your online registration form or alternatively mail your film on DVD in PAL (Ratio aspect 4:3 or 16:9/Minumum picture resolution is 720x576 dpi) to:
ChopShots Documentary Film Festival Goethe-Institut Indonesia
Jl. Sam Ratulangi 9-15
Jakarta Pusat 10350
- Selected Films will be announced on the website chopshots.net beginning of February 2013. The filmmaker should send the screening copy and English transcript to the festival organizer by March 1st, 2013.
- The entrant is responsible for the cost of shipping DVDs as part of their entry, as well as all insurance and any other expenses incurred. Entry materials submitted will not be returned to the entrant. ChopShots is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
- By entering ChopShots, film makers agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the competition and its judges, which are final and binding in all matters. The entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official competition rules and regulations as established herein.