Fukuoka Asian Art Museum is now accepting applications from Asian artists and researchers/curators of Asian art. The FAAM Support Program is a non-funded residency program. The museum provides working space and professional support for art-making and research in Fukuoka.
2. Residency Period and Duration
1) June to July 2017 (30-60 days)
2) September to November 2017 (30-90 days)
3) Mid-January to March 2018 (30-70 days)
1 or 2 artists and/or researchers/curators per available residency slot
– Artist must be based in and holds a nationality of designated Asian countries or regions.
Countries and Regions Eligible:
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
– RESEARCHER/CURATOR must research modern and contemporary Asian art. Open to all nationalities.
– Applicant must have sufficient proficiency in Japanese or English to communicate with the people and to carry out their proposed project.
– Applicant must be in good health and should not require any special medical attention.
5. Support from FAAM
– Provide a studio and/or research space
– Project support
– Support for presenting the residency result
6. How to apply
Please download the application form and send us all the materials through postal mail or email.
15 April, 2017